DS3231 RTC Module
DS3231 RTC Module (Real Time Clock Module) is used to track the current time and date. It is generally used in computers, laptops, mobiles, embedded system applications devices etc.
The DS3231 Precise Real Time Clock Module is a low-cost, extremely accurate I²C real-time clock (RTC) with an integrated temperature-compensated crystal oscillator (TCXO) and crystal. The device incorporates a battery input and maintains accurate timekeeping when main power to the device is interrupted.
The integration of the crystal resonator enhances the long-term accuracy of the device as well as reduces the piece-part count in a manufacturing line. It is available in commercial and industrial temperature ranges and is offered in a 16-pin, 300-mil SO package.
There are different types of ICs used for RTC like DS1307, DS12C887 etc.
• DS3231 based RTC with 2032 Battery Holder.
• Highly Accurate RTC Completely Manages All Timekeeping Functions.
• Real-Time Clock Counts Seconds, Minutes, Hours, Date of the Month, Month, Day of the Week, and Year, with Leap-Year Compensation Valid Up to 2100.
• Digital Temp Sensor Output.
• Register for Aging Trim.
• Configurable I2C device Address for AT24C32 using SMD jumpers on PCB (A0, A1, A2).
• Two Time-of-Day Alarms.
• Programmable Square-Wave Output Signal.
• Battery-Backup Input for Continuous Timekeeping.
• Low Power Operation Extends Battery-Backup Run Time.